FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables)

5 posters

Go down

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) Empty Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables)

Post by pegasus202 Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) recipe is the filipino food dish that I was planning to cook when I arrived here in Canada. Tinolang manok recipe is a filipino food that is easy to cook but during that time, I don’t know where to buy filipino ingredients specially papaya, sayote, chili leaves or malunggay and I thought that I couldn’t cook filipino food dishes anymore.

But as I got familiar to places here, I’ve notice that cooking in Canada is not that difficult, as I have taught before. We even travel for an hour from our place just to buy filipino food ingredients. These filipino food ingredients are usually sold in Asian stores but some are not that often displayed. So, looking for a substitute is my next best option. Like this tinolang manok recipe, when I went to my favorite Asian store, the frozen malunggay or the chili leaves that I notice before are not there to be found, so I just used the spinach because they are abundant and it was recommended by a friend of mine.

Cooking away from your native country is challenging but enjoyable, especially when you are with your love ones. Happy Cooking!

Ingredients :

· 1 lb. chicken, cut into serving pieces
or any choice cuts of your liking like thighs, drumsticks or wings)
· 1 thumb-sized fresh ginger root, cut into strips
· 2 cloves garlic, crushed
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
· salt, to taste
· 4 to 5 cups water (or rice water – 2nd washing)
· 2 to 3 sayote (chayote squash), quartered (or green, unripe papaya or potatoes)
· 1 cup sili (chili) leaves or malunggay or substitute 1/2 lb. spinach
· vegetable oil

(Cooking Conversion Chart)

Cooking Procedures :

1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add onions, stir-fry until softened and translucent.

2. Add chicken cuts. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until chicken colors slightly. Season with patis and salt.

3. Pour in water (or rice water, if using). Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer until chicken is half-done. Add in chayote (or papaya or potatoes, if using). Continue simmering until chicken and vegetable are tender. Correct seasonings and then add sili leaves or malunggay or substitute. Stir to combine until well blended. Remove from heat.

4. Let stand for a few minutes to cook the green vegetables. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.
pegasus202
pegasus202
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mig33 ID : prince.william_force, pegasus202 p-e-g-a-s-u-s-2-0-2
Mood : Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) Whoo10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) Empty Re: Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables)

Post by nices Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 pm

wow its masarap nga bro if you cook tinola with rice water!!! more on sharing thumbs up
nices
nices

Mig33 ID : nice_airbil_force

Character sheet

http://www.38102699.com

Back to top Go down

Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) Empty Re: Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables)

Post by tart_force Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 am

wow sarap talaga ng tinola lalo kapag ginamit mo yung pinag-hugasan ng bigas ang ipangsasabaw mo thumbs up
nasubukan ko na yan bro pega! thanks for sharing!
GODbless!
tart_force
tart_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : peter.gabriel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeping_ganda Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:38 pm

huw0w really kuya pegasus? spinach als0 can substitute for the malunggay leaves hehehehe that was really c0ol and good news specially kpg wla tayo sa sarili nating bansa db guys??? thumbs up ang hirap magluto ng fave fud kpg nsa ibang bansa tayo, kc iisipin mo ung recipe mo, thank you for sharing ur recipe kuya peg....

hurrah

sleeping_ganda
Master Initiator
Master Initiator

Mig33 ID : c0mplicat3d_force, mestizang._.pinay, snow_putie, sn0w_puti3
Mood : Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) Th_tha10

Character sheet

http://www.migforces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gone_the_force Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:00 am

tinolang manok sarap ng sabaw
gone_the_force
gone_the_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : emzlou09,pretty_girl09
Mood : Tinolang Manok (Chicken Ginger Stew with Vegetables) Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down