FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated?

4 posters

Go down

How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Empty How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated?

Post by d3s3rt_force Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:00 am

Your doctor may diagnose alcohol abuse and dependence by asking questions about your symptoms and past health. He or she will give you a physical exam and sometimes a mental health assessment. Keep in mind that you will need to honestly answer questions about your drinking for your doctor to be able to help you. Further testing may be done to look for other health problems related to alcohol.

Admitting that you have a drinking problem can be hard, but it is the first step to recovery. Although starting to drink again is common, alcohol problems can be overcome.

People typically do not seek treatment for alcohol abuse until they are ready. They must accept that they are addicted and no longer have control of their lives. Sometimes family members point out the problem. Other times, people recognize that they have a problem after they have been arrested or lost a job or had other setbacks as a result of their drinking.

You can take steps today to stop drinking. Your first step might be to see your doctor, contact a support group, or set a date in the near future to stop.

Treatment depends on the extent of the problem. Some people are able to simply cut back to a moderate level of drinking with help from a counselor. Alcoholics need more help. People who are physically addicted to alcohol may need medical treatment when they stop drinking. They may need to stay in a hospital or treatment center where they get medicines to prevent seizures and other symptoms of withdrawal.

Once withdrawal symptoms have passed, the second step of treatment is to work on staying sober. Quitting alcohol is often described by alcoholics as one of the most difficult but worthwhile challenges in life.

Most people need continuing support to help stay sober. This can come from counseling or a support group, such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Staying sober is a lifelong process.

Alcohol use problems can harm the relationships in your family. Often family therapy and education are a part of the recovery process
d3s3rt_force
d3s3rt_force
Hyper member lll
Hyper member lll

Mig33 ID : d3s3rt_force
Mood : How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Workin10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter,Multi Kicker,Flooder

http://kma-forum.com, mvyouth.net

Back to top Go down

How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Empty Re: How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated?

Post by rein_force Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:15 am

WOW ! watta nice and interesting topic bro.

i do hope that those drunkers will read your post & take your

advices soon as they read...

REMEMBER Idea LIFE IS TOO SHORT !
rein_force
rein_force

Mig33 ID : girlie_78,jerry_6878
Mood : How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Th_lov10

Character sheet
Skill: Helper

Back to top Go down

How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Empty Re: How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated?

Post by jkakashi01 Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:40 am

thanks for sharing this information bro...for me i prefer to drink than to smoke. but im not an alcoholic. count me in the "occasional drinkers"... drink

ALAK PA!!! ( MORE BEERS!!! )

banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Mig33 ID : red.hot_force k_a_k_a_s_h_i.01
Mood : How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Th_cil10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by archang3l_force Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:19 am

im also an occassional drinker and i consider my vacation a holiday. 45 days of everyday drinking..hakhak tnx 4 sharing bro
archang3l_force
archang3l_force

Mig33 ID : asian_archangel,fallen_angel30
Mood : How are alcohol problems diagnosed and treated? Th_uns10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down