FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELPING SMOKERS QUIT

+5
angel_jen_force
tart_force
jkakashi01
carelyn
pegasus202
9 posters

Go down

HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Empty HELPING SMOKERS QUIT

Post by pegasus202 Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:05 am

Smokers are more likely to kick the habit if they are told how "old" their lungs. The concepyt of lung age-measured by comparing a smoker's lungs to the age of a healthy person whose lungs function the same-has helped patients better understand how smoking damages health. But that is also effective in convincing smokers to quit.
pegasus202
pegasus202
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mig33 ID : prince.william_force, pegasus202 p-e-g-a-s-u-s-2-0-2
Mood : HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Whoo10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Empty tips to stop smoking!

Post by carelyn Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:18 am

Arrow Tip 1. Quitting is different for everyone, so find an approach that will work for you. This may be either the cold turkey approach (stopping suddenly and totally) or a more gradual reduction in the number of cigarettes you smoke each day. Set a date to quit — and stick to it. Make it sooner rather than later. If you are quitting by yourself, it is recommended that you stop smoking completely on your quit date.

Arrow Tip 2. Get as much support as you can from family, friends and work colleagues. Let them know you are planning to quit, and ask smokers not to smoke around you or offer you cigarettes. Quitting with a friend can also be an excellent idea — you can share your feelings and encourage each other.

Arrow Tip 3. Throw out all cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters and anything else that might remind you of smoking. Wash your clothes and clean your car to remove the smell of smoke.

Arrow Tip 4. Nicotine replacement therapy, such as nicotine patches or chewing gum, could be a good idea for those who smoke heavily or who feel they may need the extra help. There are also medicines available on prescription, such as varenicline (brand name Champix) and bupropion (brand name Zyban) that can help you quit by reducing withdrawal symptoms and the urge to smoke. Talk to your doctor about what would be best for you.

Arrow Tip 5. Plan ahead for situations in which you are likely to be tempted to smoke, such as parties, drinking or going out for coffee. Try to avoid these situations in the early stages of your quitting programme, or try sitting in the non-smoking section at restaurants, drinking your coffee standing up or with the other hand, or keeping something in your hand when you're talking on the phone.

Arrow Tip 6. Write down all the reasons that made you decide to quit smoking, and carry them with you in case you need reminding!

Arrow Tip 7. Keep the following 4 Ds in mind when you have a craving.

* Delay: remember that the worst cravings last for only a few minutes and will become even less frequent the longer you have quit.
* Deep breathe: this should help you relax and focus your mind on something else.
* Drink water: it is a good idea to drink plenty of fluids to help flush the nicotine and other toxins out of your system.
* Do something else: you could go for a walk, to the movies or visit a supportive friend. Try eating an apple or cleaning your teeth when you would normally have a cigarette. You could hold something else, such as a pen or beads, to replace the need to hold a cigarette, or chew some gum or eat or drink a healthy snack to have something other than a cigarette in your mouth.

Arrow Tip 8. If you drink a lot of coffee, you may also want to cut down on your coffee intake as you will retain more caffeine when there is no nicotine in your system. Feeling jittery will not help your plan to quit. It may also be best to avoid alcohol as many people find it hard to resist smoking when they drink.

Arrow Tip 9. If you find you are losing motivation to quit, remind yourself of the many medical and financial benefits of quitting! For example, did you know that 12 months after quitting, your risk of heart disease is reduced to nearly half that of a smoker's? Remember the results of the myDr smoking cost calculator to help keep you motivated.

Arrow Tip 10. Call government agency for more advice and assistance to quit. smoking.
carelyn
carelyn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mig33 ID : care-t0-inspire, inspire_force
Mood : HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Th_pis10

Character sheet

http://migforce.peperonity.com

Back to top Go down

HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Empty Re: HELPING SMOKERS QUIT

Post by jkakashi01 Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:00 am

thanks for the tips mam care.i do smoke when im in 4thyr highschool. because im curious what are the benefits they get when they're smoking.but i didn't like it,so after 2 weeks i stopped. I started smoking again when im in 3rdyr college.i smoke when we're drinking,but im not a chain smoker. If i like to smoke that's only the time im smoking.but i never included cigarettes in my budget,and now i can't remember when was the last time i smoke. i think its been years already.i stop smoking because i want too...im a basketball and volleyball player during my college days so quitting smoking really helped me a lot to stay fit. If you really WANT to quit smoking, you can do it. Just keep in mind what are your goals why you want to quit. Try to focus on things that can help you quit smoking like the tips above that mam care have given... and remember...Cigarettes smoking is bad for your health banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Mig33 ID : red.hot_force k_a_k_a_s_h_i.01
Mood : HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Th_cil10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tart_force Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:25 pm

WE HAVE NOW IN DRUGSTORES FOR CHAIN SMOKERS I THINK THEY CALLED IT NICOTINE GUM?
tart_force
tart_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : peter.gabriel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jkakashi01 Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 pm

tart_force wrote:WE HAVE NOW IN DRUGSTORES FOR CHAIN SMOKERS I THINK THEY CALLED IT NICOTINE GUM?

i heard of that gum too bro tart...hmmm...does it really help? scratch Razz

banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Mig33 ID : red.hot_force k_a_k_a_s_h_i.01

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by angel_jen_force Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:56 am

thanks cz care for this info,kya guys be aware of smoking,im not smoking but my mother and my father both smoking,i like the man smoking hehe...
angel_jen_force
angel_jen_force

Mig33 ID : angel_jen, jeny_in_the_bottle, jen_wafa, casper_jen, jenylicious_01, cruisin_eye

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutest_dmd_force Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:22 am

GOOD DECISION MY BESTFWEN!!!! IF YOU HAD NOT STOPPED SMOKING THEN YOU LESSENED YOUR LIFESPAN, REMEMBER YOU STILL HAVE HUNDRED YEARS CONTRACT WITH ME AS MY PC CONSULTANT HEHEHE YOU'RE JUST AN INCH AWAY, THANKS RED!!!

YES THERE IS AN ALTERNATE CANDY FOR CIGARETTE.

clap
cutest_dmd_force
cutest_dmd_force

Mig33 ID : flower_of_may, cutest_dmd_force

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jh0s3ph Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:40 pm

thank you for this healthy tip reminders maam inspire / bro william ... i hate cigarette !!
jh0s3ph
jh0s3ph
Master Initiator
Master Initiator

Mig33 ID : sp4rr0w.unit
Mood : HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juville_force Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Smokers quit it now if you love yourself. Mag itip itip, magmenthol candy n lang! jive
juville_force
juville_force
Team member
Team member

Mig33 ID : jhulan05

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by gladden_force Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:59 pm

Attention smokers:BEWARE... Huh! isa pala ako dun hehehe.
gladden_force
gladden_force
Team member
Team member

Mig33 ID : yurdawan
Mood : HELPING SMOKERS QUIT Whoo10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutest_dmd_force Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:33 pm

TRY THE CANDY FOR SMOKERS GLAD!!!! I TELL YOU THE NAME OKAY!!!!IT WILL HELP YOU A LOT!!!!
thumbs up
cutest_dmd_force
cutest_dmd_force

Mig33 ID : flower_of_may, cutest_dmd_force

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down