FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to wakeup without an alarm clock

5 posters

Go down

How to wakeup without an alarm clock Empty How to wakeup without an alarm clock

Post by heavensangel_force Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder:

Fingernails loudly screeching down a blackboard, the shrill tones of the Emergency Alert System all sounds: few things are as obnoxious as an alarm clock. Human beings have survived for most of our history without these confounded noisemakers—-why would you need one now? The answer, of course, is that everyone else has one, and it would look bad if you were the only one wandering into the office two hours late. But like momma said, just because everyone else in the world is doing it doesn’t mean you should. Waking up naturally is much easier on you, as your body will slowly adjust from deep sleep to a calm awakening. Here's how to separate yourself from the alarm clock without quitting your job or dropping out of school.

Steps

Get Into a Rhythm

1.Determine what time you need to wake up on most days. Make this your sleep goal.

2. Use your alarm clock to wake up at approximately that same time each morning. Our bodies’ physiological processes are governed by the circadian rhythm, a cycle that in humans is closely adapted to the 24-hour day. You will get used to waking up. By training yourself to wake up at the same time each day, you “set” your circadian rhythm.

3. Figure out how much sleep you really need. Anyone about 13 and under needs about 8-10 hours of sleep each night. Individual sleep needs vary, however. Getting adequate rest is the most obvious way to help you wake up when you want.

4.Go to bed at approximately the same time every night. Once you know when you need to get up and how much sleep you need, you can determine what time you need to go to sleep. While you may initially find it difficult to go to bed at the same time each night, if you make an effort to do so it will become easier over time.

5.Wean yourself off the alarm clock. After as little as a week of using a regular bed time and wake-up time, you should be able to wake up at about the correct time without your alarm. The more consistent your schedule is, the better, but even if you occasionally go to bed later or earlier than your usual time since you want to watch tv, your body should still feel ready to get up at your set time.

Use Your Senses

1.View your sleeping environment and decide what you can control. Awakening can be triggered by external cues such as light and sound; hence the effectiveness of the alarm clock. These triggers can override the circadian rhythm.

2. Light: Your mind will respond to light and bring you out of sleep. Leave your curtains or blinds open to wake up with the sunrise. Close them if you need to sleep later. Adjust the positioning of your bed to catch the light at the right time—you may need to move your bed occasionally since the sun will strike your room at a slightly different angle as the seasons progress. If you are camping, locate your tent so that the sun will hit it unobstructed (make sure there are no trees, hills, etc. that will prevent the sun from hitting your tent early in the morning). Remember that the sun rises in the east; in the northern hemisphere a south-facing orientation will receive more sunlight, and in the southern hemisphere a north-facing orientation will get more, but unless you are trying to wake up when the sun is high in the sky, you will still want to face to the east to catch the sun when it rises. As stated earlier, the position of your bed will depend heavily on the time of the year, and the time you want to wake up. If you need to get up before the sun rises, putting the lights in your room on a timer can also help, as this may not seem as disruptive as an alarm clock.

3.Sound: Noises (such as that pesky alarm) also bring you out of sleep. Identify what sounds regularly occur around where you sleep—and when they occur. Trains, automobiles, animals, and other people going about regular tasks can serve as waking cues. You can take advantage of this by noting what wakes you up and when. Consider leaving your window open to capture more sounds.

4 Temperature: Your sleeping body is very sensitive to temperature. If you turn your heat down at night and have a timer on your thermostat, you can set the heat to come back on about an hour before you want to wake up. Assuming you were at a comfortable sleeping temperature all night, this should prompt you to awaken. You can also use temperature in conjunction with light, since sunlight hitting your bed directly will warm you up. You may even be able to choose what blankets you use so that you will be comfortable throughout the night (your body temperature drops after midnight), but begin to get too hot as your body temperature naturally rises (regardless of external temperature), toward the end of your sleep cycle. If you want to take a brief nap outside on a hot day (when you are camping or backpacking, for instance), you can choose someplace to sleep where you will be in a shadow initially, but where you will eventually be in the sun.

5.Smell: If you drink coffee regularly, the easiest way to use smell as a trigger to awake is to put your coffee maker in your bedroom and set its timer for just before when you want to wake up. Smell is not generally a reliable way to wake up, though, so use this in combination with other methods.

6. Feeling: Drink a tall glass of water before going to bed. You will find that you wake up very promptly.and will occasionally have to wake up and use the bathroom, so you'll be up at least 30 minutes before target time.

Set Your Mental Alarm Clock

Recognize that scientists have been unable to prove that the "mental alarm clock" can or should work effectively. Still, many folks swear by it. Others report that it makes them tensely look at their watch every 30 minutes to make sure they don't oversleep. If you want to experiment, follow the steps below:

1. Determine what time you need to wake up. Unlike the method above, this method does not require that you wake up at the same time each morning. Scientists have discovered that about an hour before a person expects to wake up, the body begins releasing a relatively high concentration of the hormone adrenocorticotropin into the blood. They believe that this may prepare the person to wake up. If this is true, you need only prompt the release of this hormone at the right time.

2. Note the time when you go to bed.

3. Calculate the number of hours before your intended wake-up time. If possible, try to sleep for a multiple of about 90 minutes; your sleep cycle repeats in approximately 90 minute intervals (this will differ from person to person). You can use this to your advantage, as it's easier to awaken from the lighter part (the end) of your sleep cycle.

4. Envision your wake-up time. As you lie in bed, think about the time at which you want to wake. Visualize a clock with that time on it, and visualize yourself getting up at that time. You may even find it helpful to tell yourself out loud, “I will wake up at (the desired time).” While this may sound silly, controlled experiments have revealed that many people can use these techniques to successfully and regularly awaken at the correct time without using an alarm or other external trigger. How the brain manages to keep track of the hours is unknown.

5. Use your alarm clock as a backup. If you have an alarm clock available, and you absolutely must wake up at a certain time, it is best to set it to shortly after you normally wake up just in case this method doesn’t work. Additionally, using an alarm clock may also help you to wake up before the alarm goes off because you will truly expect to awake at that time. This strong expectation should prompt the release of adrenocorticotropin. While adding this step doesn’t really free you from the alarm clock, you may still be able to enjoy awakening without the harsh jolt of the alarm.

Tips

* Using your circadian rhythm and regularly getting the same (adequate) number of hours of sleep during the same time period is the most effective way to wake up for most people. You can combine all three methods above for extra effectiveness. If you must deviate from your esta
published sleep pattern, it would be wise to use an alarm.

* Since core body temperature is naturally higher during morning and normal waking hours, if you need to sleep in the morning or day it may help to allow your body a slightly cooler sleeping environment. This may enable you to fall asleep more quickly, rest better, and thereby be able to wake up at the desired time.

* Children are also a very effective replacement to an alarm clock, but not to be taken advantage of. In most cases they courteously wake you up if you are going to oversleep.

* Pets can make an excellent alternative to children in the fore-mentioned way.

* As you're lying in bed, look at the time, (say, 9:30) and decide what time you want to wake up (say, 6:30). For about 20 seconds say this in a whisper, while thinking intently about it: "It's 9:30, and I need to wake up at 6:30, it's 9:30, and I need to wake up at 6:30..." An alternative is to simply foster a firm belief that you will wake at 6.30, and imagine yourself doing so. Don't imagine it as a desire, but as an expectation. Think that you have no choice. You must, you have to wake up at 6:30, it's not an option to wake up later than that.

* Use the weekends for practice! Any time when you don't have an obligation, try waking without the alarm, that way if you sleep in, you won't get in trouble at school or work.

Warnings

* Caffeine can help cover feelings of sleepiness, but may also interfere with your ability to sleep later—when you really want to be sleeping—and thereby confuse your sleep clock. Use it sparingly and avoid caffeine completely in the hours prior to your desired bedtime.

* Be careful of taking naps. Napping can mess up the circadian rhythms set by a regular sleep schedule. They can make it harder to fall asleep at the planned time. If you do need to nap, try to keep it under 30 minutes. If you are napping every day, then make this part of your regular schedule and take the same length nap at the same time each day.

* Stress hormones keep your body alert and interfere with sleep. This can be used to your benefit if you're worried about waking up and therefore sleep lightly, but regular sleep patterns are difficult to establish when your body is stressed. Find ways to relax so you can sleep better and wake up when you want.

* Constantly messing up with your internal clock may cause you to always wake up at a specific time. Beware people that need sleep...

* None of these methods are 100% effective, and what works for one person may not work for another. Try them out when you don’t have something vitally important to do at a certain time, or use your alarm clock as a backup.

* If you work "nonstandard" hours, your sleep–wake cycle is likely somewhat confused already. You can use these techniques to help settle your body into a better sleep rhythm, but this may take significant time. If you frequently have to work different shifts, these techniques will be especially difficult to use.

* If your work demands long periods of time without sleep or with sporadic sleep (e.g., medical resident), then it may be necessary to rely on an alarm, possibly as a backup in case these methods do not work.

* Try this on a day that you know you will not have to necessarily be awake early, as this is a routine that will take some getting used to and may not work the first time you try these suggestions.

* If you use this technique so much, you may get up at the time you had set in your mind even if you don't have to. This could cause serious sleeping problems.

* Do not do any exercise that makes you sweat a lot because if you do it the next morning you will say "I don't wanna wake up"
heavensangel_force
heavensangel_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : heavensangel_force, anji_q8,
Mood : How to wakeup without an alarm clock Th_sad10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

How to wakeup without an alarm clock Empty Re: How to wakeup without an alarm clock

Post by wizard_hacker Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I practice Mental Alarm clock. I always set my mind to wake up before my alarm clock rings. "The key", you just need to have a good sleep. Nice information Anjiebest. comfort me
wizard_hacker
wizard_hacker
Mega Member Elite
Mega Member Elite

Mig33 ID : wizard_hacker
Mood : How to wakeup without an alarm clock Thinki10

Character sheet
Skill:

Back to top Go down

How to wakeup without an alarm clock Empty Re: How to wakeup without an alarm clock

Post by cuttee Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:15 am

tnx 4 sharing mamyk0h I love you flower
cuttee
cuttee
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : cuttee/cuttee_gurl_force/bebe-danda-21/pretty_bench24
Mood : How to wakeup without an alarm clock Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jasse_20_force Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Cz anjie i always did that..that's why my body and mind they knew how to wke me up!
jasse_20_force
jasse_20_force
Mega member
Mega member

Mig33 ID : jasse_20
Mood : How to wakeup without an alarm clock Th_inl10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by astro-jboy_force Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 am

It is impossible to me to wake up in time without alarm clock,, tulog mantika kasi ako di pende na lang kong nasa ibang bahay ako at nakikitulog dahil di ako natutulog maliban kung pagod me. By the way thanks
astro-jboy_force
astro-jboy_force
Hyper member ll
Hyper member ll

Mig33 ID : hunkman157, astro-jboy_force

Character sheet
Skill: Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by cuttee Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:37 am

sakin may alarm clock at wala parehas lng gising hahahaha... lol smash lol!
cuttee
cuttee
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : cuttee/cuttee_gurl_force/bebe-danda-21/pretty_bench24

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by heavensangel_force Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:54 pm

wizard_hacker wrote:I practice Mental Alarm clock. I always set my mind to wake up before my alarm clock rings. "The key", you just need to have a good sleep. Nice information Anjiebest. comfort me
yup darkbest if you sleep in proper time,in the morning you can wakeup even without alarm
heavensangel_force
heavensangel_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by heavensangel_force Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 pm

jasse_20_force wrote:Cz anjie i always did that..that's why my body and mind they knew how to wke me up!
good cz jasse,complete sleep feels comförtable,,and you can wakeup your own.
heavensangel_force
heavensangel_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down