FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFW STORY

+3
gone_the_force
purple_gie
elite_fxa_force
7 posters

Go down

OFW STORY Empty OFW STORY

Post by elite_fxa_force Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:53 am

Sending money home is one activity that most, if not all, Filipinos overseas engage in regularly. our love of family makes us feel responsible to share our hard-earned currency with our loved ones. It is no wonder that the account numbers of the Philippine bank branches or the more flexible Money Remittance Centers in our area are ingrained in our memory that we can automatically punch in their account numbers at the ATM machines.

However, despite the regularity of our remittances, why is the money almost always never enough? We continually find ourselves in one or several of the following situations.

It is the second time that you have sent money to buy that new flat-screen 21 inch TV that your Mama has been pining for. Still the TV has not been bought and you need to send money for that TV again. When your youngest child tells you over the phone that the heat has become so unbearable in the summer and the whole family perspire profusely. There is the possibility that "mapulmunya" ang little princess mo. Kailangan na ang aircon kahit na .5HP lang, but even if you manage to send the money to buy the aircon, there is no guarantee, it will be bought anytime soon.

You find out that your Mama goes to the supermart to buy the food supply for the week but didn't buy the US seedless grapes, the poncan oranges from China, the sampaloc from Bangkok and the Suha from Davao that you told her to buy because after she buys the meat, vegetables and toiletries, etc., there just isn't enough sum left from the money you had sent a couple of days before.

Your Papa wants to buy that mini-refrigerator for their bedroom to keep the juice, milk, drinks, grapes and the chocolates you gave him. But he'd rather keep the money you sent for emergency purposes, just in case.

Your Kuya has been dreaming of that Home Theater 5-speaker system to listen to his favorite CDs or watch the latest DVD movies with "sensurround effect" but the family's forthcoming electric & water bills always get in the way.

When you find out that there is no more bacon, hotdog, tocino, or tapa or even eggs in the refrigerator and your little brothers and sisters will have no baon for school tomorrow.

Or maybe that old refrigerator's door is about the unhigne itself or the freezer panel won't close because the defrost system won't work. It's time to buy the new reasonably priced "automatic defrost" model.

Or when you instinctively know that there is very little food supply in the kitchen: your loved ones are down to their last 2 cans of sardines and a couple of cup noodles, but they won't admit it because you had already sent more than their usual grocery money this month, but it's all gone.
Your Ate would like to pass by MAX Fried Chicken and take out a couple of "well done sarap to the bones Family-size fried chicken" or that Barrio Fiesta's specialty Crispy Pata, or Kare-kare, or Seafood Special to take home to the family, but decides not to because it will cost a little less than two P500 peso bills.
Your high school daughter calls you about the latest Sony Cellphone her classmates and cousins just got for their Christmas presents and hers is still that cheap old dinasour cellphone you gave her 2 years ago.

Or there's a birthday celebration at home and the home-made chocolate cake "Ang Pinakamasarap na Chocolate Cake sa buong Pilipinas" that Gifts Philippines is selling, or those special Blue-berry Cheescake, Coffee Crunch Cake, or SansRival from Red Ribbon or Goldilocks, topped with Selecta's Ube, Mango, or Buko Premium Ice Cream would be perfect for the occassion. How much amount would be enough?

When your son has no computer at home and has to go to the internet cafe to work on his term paper and ends up being distracted by the local barkada.

When your older son to give your 2 year-old ina-anak a special gift from her "rich Ninang from Japan or Amerca" but don't know what to give and wants suggestions.

When you simply want to say THANK YOU! to your Kumadre and Kumpadre for lending a helping hand or for simply showing you a wonderful time during your last vacation in Manila.

When your wife prepares enough food for that family reunion or town fiesta and important guests are coming. You know a Freshly Roasted, Delicious Crispy Lechon would make a world of a difference.

You want your family to go "Japanese" and have Tempura, Tonkatsu Gyudon, Beef Misuno, Miso Soup, and Japanese Fried Rice delivered from "Tokyo-Tokyo".

You'd like to send a dozen White Roses with three Red Roses in the center, with a lovable huggable white Teddy Bear holding a balloon that says "I Love You" or I'm Sorry" even if it is not even Valentines Day or birthday.

When you find yourselves in any of these situations and you're pressed for time, you only need to pick up the phone. Sending gifts, not only money, delivers the message that you really care and give time and effort to let them know it.
elite_fxa_force
elite_fxa_force
Regular ll
Regular ll

Mig33 ID : elite_fxa@mig33.com

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

OFW STORY Empty Re: OFW STORY

Post by purple_gie Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:57 am

You hit the point cz elite!
Ofw as they thought are just picking dollars in abroad!
But we as ofw shoula be wise!
Time is gold and were not staying that long 4 d countries were trading our labor! Surely we will come back home, so try to be more wiser and let not our labor in vain! Save 4 tomorrow coz we never knows what will happen!
GOD BLESS US ALL!
purple_gie
purple_gie
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : dwight_lotus_force

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by gone_the_force Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:02 pm

OH CZ ELITE YOU GOT IT > LIFE IN ABROAD IS NOT THAT EASY WE NEED TO WORK HARD COZ OF THEM OUR FAMILY BUT SOMETIMES ITS SO SAD THEY'RE NOT THINKING HOW HARD WE WORK HERE JUST TO EARN MONEY FOR THEM > THEY THOUGHT WERE PICKING DOLLARS > Smile > WE NEED TO SAVE FOR OURSELVES ALSO > HAVE A NICE DAY
gone_the_force
gone_the_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : emzlou09,pretty_girl09
Mood : OFW STORY Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by yoma Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:38 am

I think OFW today are money wise compare before.
most are belong to the story.
yoma
yoma
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : jedart, yoma_force

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nices Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 am

that right bro elite..... but both of us decide to go abroad as an ofw cos of our family, na makaahon sana kahit konti!!! but the problem is some of our family are recieve and recieve but no save...... and they dont know what is an ofw do??? at ito lang alam nila OFW bayaning filipino.
nices
nices

Mig33 ID : nice_airbil_force

Character sheet

http://www.38102699.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeping_ganda Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:28 pm

OFW's life is really bored right??? coz we dont know what's our destiny & our future is in abroad? ...we dont know if we can be lucky or unlucky to our wrk..based on my experience here in BRUNEI as long as i stay and work here my life is still the same before hehehe i mean wlng nabago kc dito n yata ako tatanda coz i prioritize my family than myself, but im still hoping that our God will make a way for me!...sa mga ka OFW's ko jan gudluck to us! and more blessings to come along our way!!!... be strong...
have a nice day

sleeping_ganda
Master Initiator
Master Initiator

Mig33 ID : c0mplicat3d_force, mestizang._.pinay, snow_putie, sn0w_puti3
Mood : OFW STORY Th_tha10

Character sheet

http://www.migforces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lady_vamp_force Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Nice story cz elite... We all know dat most f us ofws r striving very hard 4 d bright future of our family...i must b lucky indeed coz my family s wd me here n ksa and am very much thankful 4 dis God-given opportunity...gud luck 2 ol f us
lady_vamp_force
lady_vamp_force
Super member ll
Super member ll

Mig33 ID : lady_vamp_force

http://migforce.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nices Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:29 pm

the story shared.........................

THREAD LOCKED
lock
nices
nices

Mig33 ID : nice_airbil_force

Character sheet

http://www.38102699.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content