FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath

3 posters

Go down

Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Empty Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath

Post by k-e-e-n Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:34 pm

Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Blu-ray-hd-dvd-discs

Want a refund from Toshiba now that it's pulled the plug on its own format? Good luck. Also: HD DVD prices plummet, Universal and Amazon go Blu-ray, and more.

Toshiba nixes refunds: So, HD DVD early adopters - think you deserve a refund now that Toshiba has killed the format? Think again. Valleywag reports that the company (and big-time HD DVD backer) won't be accepting refund requests (although it will continue to support existing HD DVD players). Here's the quote: "There is nothing wrong with the products so we aren't accepting returns from customers ... [Customers] understood that there were two competing formats and understood that one of them would probably prevail ..." Good point, actually. In my case, I bought the Xbox 360 HD DVD drive knowing full well that I was taking a gamble. I lost. End of story.

Sorce: Yahoo Tech
k-e-e-n
k-e-e-n
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mig33 ID : k-e-e-n, keen_force
Mood : Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Th_kil10

Character sheet
Skill: room cleaner

http://www.migforces.com

Back to top Go down

Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Empty Re: Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath

Post by jkakashi01 Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:43 pm

Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Hd_dvd_dead_2

Toshiba's high-definition format HD DVD, which was put to sleep three weeks ago, cost the company a whopping one billion dollars, reports Japanese source. After huge marketing campaigns, handful of price drops and lost partners HD DVD was officially buried. According to Nikkei Business Daily the war cost Toshiba approximately 100 billion yen, or $986 million.

Nikkei claims that as much as $500 million comes from the shutdown of HD DVD production lines, the rest can be explained by the extensive advertisement campaigns and poor product sales. In comparison, the 30-second Super Bowl advertisement cost Toshiba almost $3 million alone.

Toshiba did not comment the Nikkei's figures, but according to a Toshiba representative the company is currently estimating the losses.

13 March 2008 16:26 by Matti "Siggy" Vähäkainu
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Mig33 ID : red.hot_force k_a_k_a_s_h_i.01
Mood : Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Th_cil10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath Empty Re: Blu-ray Trumps HD DVD: The Aftermath

Post by tart_force Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:40 pm

thats interesting news guys!
tart_force
tart_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : peter.gabriel

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum