FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes, You Can Be Great!

4 posters

Go down

Yes, You Can Be Great! Empty Yes, You Can Be Great!

Post by pegasus202 Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:03 am

We all have it in ourselves to be better than who we are. Given a choice, would you rather be great or mediocre and petty? Indeed, the choice is up to us. This article admonishes us to better ourselves and to aspire for greatness. I am hoping that it inspires you...

A school music teacher received this essay from an eight-year-old student concerning Johann Sebastian Bach: "He was a GREAT composer. He had 20 children and had an old spinster in the attic to practice on."

Now, I don't know the exact number of children he had, as many did not survive. Nor do I know what he kept in the attic. But the question I have is this: do you believe you should be great?

Not all of us can be great at what we do -- music, teaching, research, carpentry, sales, etc., -- but we can all become great individuals. It's about being great at who we are, great as human beings.

Author James Michener learned about the importance of greatness on a stormy night in the South Pacific. His plane was trying desperately to land on the Tontouta airstrip but could not do so. After several attempts in the dark of night, his knuckles were white with fear. When they finally landed safely, Michener went out and walked the length of the airstrip, looking at the dim outlines of the mountains they had so narrowly missed. He wrote this:

"And as I stood there in the darkness I caught a glimpse of the remaining years of my life and I swore an oath when peace came, if I survived, I would live the rest of my years 'as if I were a great man.' I did not presume to think that I would be a great man. I have never thought in those terms, but I could conduct myself as if I were. I would adhere to my basic principles. I would bear public testimony to what I believed. I would be a better man. I would help others. I would truly believe and act as if all men were my brothers. And I would strive to make whatever world in which I found myself a better place. In the darkness a magnificent peace settled over me, for I saw that I could actually attain each of those objectives, and I never looked back.

"Two immediate consequences: I started the next day to draft the book TALES OF THE SOUTH PACIFIC. And shortly thereafter my entire staff, flying back to Tontouta, hit one of those shadowy mountains and all were killed. I'd had cause to be white-knuckled." *

Do you believe you should be great? If greatness is a life that adheres to basic principles, a life of service to others and one dedicated to the betterment of all, then your answer is simple. We can each be great individuals and, in fact, should strive to be. For greatness comes from a dedication to help, not from mere accomplishment, no matter the magnitude.

Do you believe you should be great? What step will you take today?
pegasus202
pegasus202
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mig33 ID : prince.william_force, pegasus202 p-e-g-a-s-u-s-2-0-2
Mood : Yes, You Can Be Great! Whoo10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

Yes, You Can Be Great! Empty Re: Yes, You Can Be Great!

Post by gone_the_force Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:31 pm

the great three things needed in the world today are cooperation,unity and understand...
gone_the_force
gone_the_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : emzlou09,pretty_girl09
Mood : Yes, You Can Be Great! Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by heavensangel_force Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:39 am

being great is not a difficult thing if we do our best and try harder to achieve what we are aiming or what we wanted to become.A great person is always well known and honored. Everyone has his own capacity by having it through our own faith and cooperation of course we can be more great.
heavensangel_force
heavensangel_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : heavensangel_force, anji_q8,
Mood : Yes, You Can Be Great! Th_sad10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cuttee Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:27 am

NICE..TENKYU 4 SHARING... Yes, You Can Be Great! Icon_biggrin Yes, You Can Be Great! 392835
cuttee
cuttee
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : cuttee/cuttee_gurl_force/bebe-danda-21/pretty_bench24
Mood : Yes, You Can Be Great! Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down