FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FORCE Mig33 Community
Hello, welcome to FORCE community. Feel at home... and enjoy.

Do not forget to read forum rules.
FORCE Mig33 Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time....

+13
sleeping_ganda
shushi.mae
erly_force
vhegaricious
gone_the_force
cutest_dmd_force
aktel.786
angel_jen_force
k-e-e-n
carelyn
papa_cologne
tart_force
jkakashi01
17 posters

Go down

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Empty 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time....

Post by jkakashi01 Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:39 pm

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Null-410
If you haven't experienced a computer virus yet, just wait -- you probably will.

Fortunately, you missed the real heyday of computer viruses when anti-virus software wasn't very widely used, and virus attacks caused millions of dollars in damages overnight. Today's viruses can still be nightmarish, but for the average user, cleanup is considerably easier than it was just a few years ago, when the only solution in many cases was reformatting your hard drive and starting from scratch (and even that didn't do the trick sometimes).

So join me on a trip down memory lane as we revisit some of the worst viruses of all time and count our blessings that our computers are still up and running despite it all. (Though, please note, "worst" is a matter of considerable debate in the security industry, as the number of infected machines and amount of financial loss is always estimated. If you think another virus was worse than these, please post it in the comments to remind us!)

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Virus

The worst viruses of all time

Brain, 1986
It all started here: Brain was the first "real" virus ever discovered, back in 1986. Brain didn't really hurt your PC, but it launched the malware industry with a bang and gave bad ideas to over 100,000 virus creators for the next 2 decades.

Michelangelo, 1991
The worst MS-DOS virus ever, Michelangelo attacked the boot sector of your hard drive and any floppy drive inserted into the computer, which caused the virus to spread rapidly. After spreading quietly for months, the virus "activated" on March 6, and promptly started destroying data on tens of thousands of computers.

Melissa, 1999
Technically a worm, Melissa (named after a stripper) collapsed entire email systems by causing computers to send mountains of messages to each other. The author of the virus was eventually caught and sentenced to 20 months in prison.
to know more about Melissa:CLICK HERE

ILOVEYOU, 2000
This was notable for being one of the first viruses to trick users into opening a file, which in this case claimed to be a love letter sent to the recipient. In reality, the file was a VBS script that sent mountains of junk mail and deleted thousands of files. The results were terribly devastating- one estimate holds that 10 percent of all computers were affected, to a cost of $5.5 billion. It remains perhaps the worst worm of all time.
(This worm program is believed to have been written by Michael Buen. The Barok trojan used by the worm is believed to have been written by Onel de Guzman, a Filipino student of AMA Computer University in Makati, Philippines.)

Code Red, 2001
An early "blended threat" attack, Code Red targeted Web servers instead of user machines, defacing websites and later launching denial-of-service attacks on a host of IP addresses, including those of the White House.

Nimda, 2001
Built on Code Red's attack system of finding multiple avenues into machines (email, websites, network connections, and others), Nimda infected both Web servers and user machines. It found paths into computers so effectively that, 22 minutes after it was released, it became the Internet's most widespread virus at the time.

Klez, 2001
An email virus, Klez pioneered spoofing the "From" field in email messages it sent, making it impossible to tell if Bill Gates did or did not really send you that information about getting free money.

Slammer, 2003
Another fast spreader, this worm infected about 75,000 systems in just 10 minutes, slowing the Internet to a crawl (much like Code Red) and shutting down thousands of websites.

MyDoom, 2004
Notable as the fastest-spreading email virus of all time, MyDoom infected computers so they would, in turn, send even more junk mail. In a strange twist, MyDoom was also used to attack the website of SCO Group, a very unpopular company that was suing other companies over its code being used in Linux distributions.

Storm, 2007
The worst recent virus, Storm spread via email spam with a fake attachment and ultimately infected up to 10 million computers, causing them to join its zombie botnet.

Source: Christopher Null
Yahoo Tech

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:11PM EDT

banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Mig33 ID : red.hot_force k_a_k_a_s_h_i.01
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_cil10

Character sheet
Skill: Chatter

Back to top Go down

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Empty Re: 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time....

Post by tart_force Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:33 am

its so sad that some people created a virus to destroy our computer! if they want they can help us improve our computer to be more faster! Very Happy
tart_force
tart_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : peter.gabriel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Empty Re: 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time....

Post by jkakashi01 Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 am

you know what bro, in my opinion,the anti-virus creators/makers are somehow thankful to these virus authors.because if there's no pc virus there's no need of their products...hehe... Laughing Razz
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by papa_cologne Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:29 pm

tart_force wrote:its so sad that some people created a virus to destroy our computer! if they want they can help us improve our computer to be more faster! Very Happy

actually bro, not all viruses are made to destroy computers.... some are made for business intention thumbs up
papa_cologne
papa_cologne
SoftLoader
SoftLoader

Mig33 ID : papa_cologne®™
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_kil10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by carelyn Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:02 pm

jkakashi01 wrote:you know what bro, in my opinion,the anti-virus creators/makers are somehow thankful to these virus authors.because if there's no pc virus there's no need of their products...hehe... Laughing Razz
i think those creators of anti-virus are the author of virus as well Idea
carelyn
carelyn
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mig33 ID : care-t0-inspire, inspire_force
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_pis10

Character sheet

http://migforce.peperonity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkakashi01 Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:27 pm

inspire wrote:
jkakashi01 wrote:you know what bro, in my opinion,the anti-virus creators/makers are somehow thankful to these virus authors.because if there's no pc virus there's no need of their products...hehe... Laughing Razz

haha...most probably mam... Razz
but there are pc geniuses who can make program right away to deal with the virus.

Narinnat Suksawat, a 25-year-old Thai software engineer, was the first person to write software that repaired the damage caused by the worm (ILoveYou), releasing it to the public on May 5, 2000, 24 hours after the worm had spread."Rational Killer", the program he created, removed virus files and restored the previously removed system files so they again functioned normally. Two months later, Narinnat was offered a senior consultant job at Sun Microsystems and worked there for two years. He resigned to start his own business. Today, Narinnat owns a software company named Moscii Systems, a system management software company in Thailand.

banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by k-e-e-n Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:36 pm

inspire wrote:

Thats a possibility but its too dangerous for their business to engage with such activities.

Thanks for sharing this info Jka. Keep it up.
k-e-e-n
k-e-e-n
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mig33 ID : k-e-e-n, keen_force

Character sheet
Skill: room cleaner

http://www.migforces.com

Back to top Go down

Post by angel_jen_force Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:26 pm

thanks bro jka for this info...
angel_jen_force
angel_jen_force

Mig33 ID : angel_jen, jeny_in_the_bottle, jen_wafa, casper_jen, jenylicious_01, cruisin_eye

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aktel.786 Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:43 pm

thanks for the important info............keep posting like that Smile
aktel.786
aktel.786
Super member l
Super member l

Mig33 ID : aktel.786

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutest_dmd_force Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 am

why is it that there is expiration of anti-virus? i think one or two years after installing in the pc.( business matters again?!)
my pc was reformatted coz of virus. Sad nwala lahat ng data ko Sad
i hate virus Evil or Very Mad
how does usb, cd's, dvd's and others get virus ? sabi kc ng mga kasama ko kaya daw na virus pc ko dahil sa memory card ng camera nya Crying or Very sad
cutest_dmd_force
cutest_dmd_force

Mig33 ID : flower_of_may, cutest_dmd_force

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by gone_the_force Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:20 pm

thank's the info.bro.jaka!
gone_the_force
gone_the_force
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : emzlou09,pretty_girl09
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jkakashi01 Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:43 am

best,,with regards to the expiration date,,that's the only way some anti virus makers can earn money..if you've reached the limit and you really like their product you have to buy for the full version and it costs much..but why would you buy if you can have it for free?..hehe..there are some anti virus programs which are License Free and all you have to do is to keep it updated..but of course,there are some features that are not included which you can have IF you would buy for a better version of the product...so,,it's up to you..hehehe..
flash memories and diskettes are prone to viruses..when you use your flash in a pc which contains some infected files there's a possibility for transffering the viruses or worms into your flash. CD can also be infected if you have burned some files which are infected.how would you know if your file is infected?some anti virus have "residential protection" and it helps a lot in scanning..the best way,is keep your anti virus updated, scan your pc regularly,it's much better to make a schedule for your pc scanning,,and from the moment you insert any flash memory (removable disk) or diskette scan it first before you open them..just right click on your flash and look for the "Scan with (your anti virus)"..infected CD's can't be healed unlike flash memories..but there's an anti virus which you can move the virus into its so called "virus vault" and remove it from there..if in case there's an infection detected in your CD...if you still have some questions..just keep it with you..JOKE!!! hahaha...i'm just a phone call away...naks!gumaganon pa..hahaha...
lol smash

banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutest_dmd_force Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:15 pm

jkakashi01 wrote:best,,with regards to the expiration date,,that's the only way some anti virus makers can earn money..if you've reached the limit and you really like their product you have to buy for the full version and it costs much..but why would you buy if you can have it for free?..hehe..there are some anti virus programs which are License Free and all you have to do is to keep it updated..but of course,there are some features that are not included which you can have IF you would buy for a better version of the product...so,,it's up to you..hehehe..
flash memories and diskettes are prone to viruses..when you use your flash in a pc which contains some infected files there's a possibility for transffering the viruses or worms into your flash. CD can also be infected if you have burned some files which are infected.how would you know if your file is infected?some anti virus have "residential protection" and it helps a lot in scanning..the best way,is keep your anti virus updated, scan your pc regularly,it's much better to make a schedule for your pc scanning,,and from the moment you insert any flash memory (removable disk) or diskette scan it first before you open them..just right click on your flash and look for the "Scan with (your anti virus)"..infected CD's can't be healed unlike flash memories..but there's an anti virus which you can move the virus into its so called "virus vault" and remove it from there..if in case there's an infection detected in your CD...if you still have some questions..just keep it with you..JOKE!!! hahaha...i'm just a phone call away...naks!gumaganon pa..hahaha...
lol smash

banana jive banana

hahha best, thanks for the info. i will call you pag di ko madelete virus.. you told me to download it for free but whenever i try to download may bayad naman Embarassed at dollars pa pambayad daw Razz there is an avg anti-virus free in my pc i will try to update later. pwede ba maglagay ng 2 anti-virus at the same time?
(another question is off topic heheh.. kc two days ago when i open my pc, internet cannot be displayed kc ung manager desk is not active daw.. hmmm i didn't do anything to inactivate explorer.. the signal is excellent but why page cannot be displayed?.. but anyway, after 2 days ok na nmn haysss .. whatever it is i'm just puzzled.. )
thanks best for the info. more power.. to your kilikili!! jokeeeeeeee!!! mis lng kita Evil or Very Mad lagi ka nawawala kc.. ingat ka lagi best.. i know you are bz with your ahem ajejeje...
share more of your knowledge to us.
T.H.A.N.K.S.
cutest_dmd_force
cutest_dmd_force

Mig33 ID : flower_of_may, cutest_dmd_force

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jkakashi01 Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:20 am

having two anti virus at the same time is not advisable..it may slow down the performance of your pc..why?because both of them will try to scan your whole pc..the scanning time may be different but both of them will also eat more memory and space...just try to install the one that you think is the best for your pc..AVG is good and user friendly...
best lam u nman na aq ung taong mdaling lpitan..pro mhirap hanapin...

Razz

banana jive banana
jkakashi01
jkakashi01
Tech Moderator
Tech Moderator

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by vhegaricious Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:26 pm

^
i DONT LiKE AVG

they can only DETECT Viruses
but not delete nor cLean it

amppFF

i beLive that the one who made
ViRUSES
are the one who made
Anti-viruses

but some peopLe made viruses for good purposes
-vhegaricious
vhegaricious
vhegaricious
Regular ll
Regular ll

Mig33 ID : vhegaricious
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_sad10

Back to top Go down

Post by erly_force Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:51 am

thanks for the information bro kakashi thumbs up
erly_force
erly_force
Mega Member Elite
Mega Member Elite

Mig33 ID : erlyhernandez
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Caring10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by k-e-e-n Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:52 pm

vhegaricious wrote:^
i DONT LiKE AVG

they can only DETECT Viruses
but not delete nor cLean it

amppFF

i beLive that the one who made
ViRUSES
are the one who made
Anti-viruses

but some peopLe made viruses for good purposes
-vhegaricious

I am happy with Kaspersky Internet Security. Its been 2 years, and since then I have no problem with any kind of virus attacks. Buy only the original ones. Cracked versions are most likely embedded with trojans. Believe me Very Happy.
k-e-e-n
k-e-e-n
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mig33 ID : k-e-e-n, keen_force

Character sheet
Skill: room cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by shushi.mae Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:04 pm

i agree sir meljwap.
shushi.mae
shushi.mae
Super member ll
Super member ll

Mig33 ID : shushi

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeping_ganda Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm

thanx for the info bro kakashi Very Happy

sleeping_ganda
Master Initiator
Master Initiator

Mig33 ID : c0mplicat3d_force, mestizang._.pinay, snow_putie, sn0w_puti3
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_tha10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by rein_force Fri May 15, 2009 11:14 pm

prevention is better than cure lol!
daig pa ang swine flu virus!

Thank you for the info kaka Razz
rein_force
rein_force

Mig33 ID : girlie_78,jerry_6878
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_lov10

Character sheet
Skill: Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by nashko_force Sat May 16, 2009 6:17 am

IF THERE IS NO VIRUS THERE IS NO BUSINESS, I MEAN VIRUS IS MADE UP BY A HUMAN OF COURSE, IF HE SCATTERED IT HE WILL MAKE A CURE FOR THAT VIRUS WHICH IS THE ANTI-VIRUS THEN HE HAVE BUSINESS Very Happy.

THANKS FOR THE INFO BRO KAKA, KEEP IT UP.
have a nice day
nashko_force
nashko_force
Mega Member Elite
Mega Member Elite

Mig33 ID : na-s-h
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Thinki10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by jelay25 Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:57 am

WOW AMAZING ! I GOT AN IDEAS AND LEARN THOSE INFO OF YOURS KEEP IT UP TO YOUR SEARCHING IMPORTANT LESSON .THANKS
jelay25
jelay25
Mega member
Mega member

Mig33 ID : jelay25//barumbadang_force
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_coo10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cuttee Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:16 pm

10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... 392835
cuttee
cuttee
Mega member VIP
Mega member VIP

Mig33 ID : cuttee/cuttee_gurl_force/bebe-danda-21/pretty_bench24
Mood : 10 Worst Computer Viruses of all time.... Th_hap10

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down